Organic Blueberries were on sale at Costco so i bought two containers and made plans. Really lose plans on something baked, something sweet and something with Blueberries.
At home I had almost a whole lemon with some bits cut off, and I decided that since lemon and blueberry go together well in a cake, I should add that too. Fortunately I had one functional cup left for my magic bullet blender (2 out of 3 cups have their side clips snapped off by wear and tear).
The additional liquid provided by the blended lemon bits made the batter a lot more liquid than usual, so I wasn’t sure of how it would turn out. Yet I baked it and when it came out, it was looking good and smelling Wonderful!
And it tasted so wonderful that I had to share with friends of mine who loved it as much as, if not more than, moi.
So here is the recipe:
Super Moist Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c milk I used rice “milk” but you can use cow, almond, soy, whatever you like
- 1 c sugar (can be substituted with 15 dates if you prefer no refined sugar)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 whole lemon blended
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c oil
- 18 oz or 2 cups of Blueberries!
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Mix the dry stuff and set it aside.
- Blend the lemon and mix it into all the liquid stuff.
- Gradually sift the dry stuff into the liquid stuff while mixing.
- Bake for 1 hr
This is seriously good cake so I highly recommend you try making it. If you want to make a vegan version then substitutes the eggs for “flax eggs” which can be found in Jessica in the Kitchen.
You can see me cutting this cake for Blueberry Orgy time: