originale vegetarian dish that combines two of my favorites: tomatoes & eggs
photo with the green onion not mixed in
photos of the organic heirloom tomatoes i bought at a farmers market alongside the final mixed up porridge with tomato, egg and green onion (someshere) scooped into a bowl with that spoon you see there
- 1 cup of rice (which is made from 3/4 cup of raw rice kernels) with 2-3 cups of water
- 1-5 cloves of garlic, diced :
On a 1 to 5 Scale, how would you rate your liking of garlic? 1 for “it’s ok” or 5 for “oh Hell Yeah!”
- 3/4-1 cup of diced/sliced/cut tomatoes
because you don’t want to drop the whole thing in there and wait for it to burst
- 1-2 eggs : 1 egg means “some egg is good” and 2 eggs mean “i need more PROTEIN
- salt to taste
- optional diced raw green onion and or dry wakame pieces
- Mix the rice kernels or cooked rice with water in a pot and boil it.
- When the water starts to boil either wait for the raw kernels to be cooked into Rice, or if you started making this with cooked rice, add your preferred amount of garlic and wait 1 minute.
- Then add all your tomatoes and let it boil for another 3-5 minutes until it’s mushy. After that add the egg(s), and if you want to put wakame in here add it now, and immediately turn the heat off, and start mixing your porridge until everything has mixed together into a nice golden orange color.
- When everything has combined, add the raw green onion and salt to taste, then mix a little more.
This is a delicious and simple vegetarian dish for when you are hungry and want some filling and homemade food but don’t want to spend too much time preparing it.