today i looked up Yukitchen because i finally have enough overly-ripe bananas to make her sugar free banana bread, and after looking through her fun recipes, i decided that i wanted to get experimental and make something new.
I had been craving coconut pancakes for a week and never gotten around to making them because i wanted a “healthy” breakfast full of smoothies goodness, BUT i noticed that i have a bag of shredded coconut so i decided that Today is the Day i make coconut pancakes! And i will try to make them healthy. So after mixing a bunch of stuff into the batter and eating the finished pancake with yogurt, honey comb and muesli, i am Very Happy with my result!
I ate my pancake with a side of pear & strawberry coconut milk smoothies and fresh black tea.
Doesn’t that look Delicious?
Also, the gluten-free fad has become so popular that now i want to try it out (to be experimental), so even though i’m using normal wheat flour right now; when i run out, i’m going to use Yukitchen’s Gluten free flour mix since i already have some garbanzo bean and rice flour. Her site has made me want to try making my own custom blend nut juices now lol … i do have a super mixer …
Here are some more photos of the delicious pancake and pear, strawberry and coconut milk smoothie in the making!
- 1 pear
- 5-7 strawberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- optional 1 tbs of agave nectar (i know i’m not supposed to do this, but i wanted my smoothie sweet)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes/flour
- 1/2 cup of four
- 2 tbs steel cut oats (optional)
- 1 tbs flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs of sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs oil (i used peanut oil, you can use butter or whatever oil you prefer)
- 1 cup of milk (more or less depending on the consistency, you want it to be kinda thick but runny like “regular” pancake batter)
- Mix all the dry stuff together: coconut flakes/flour, flour, oat meal, flax seeds, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add in the liquid stuff, pour in 3/4 cup of milk first, then check the consistency before adding more. I honestly eyeballed the amount and put wrote a rough estimate here.
- Oil or butter your frying pan and fry on medium low.
- Add on your toppings and Enjoy!
Now is this breakfast or is this brunch? I guess it is brunch for me today.