simple shitake porridge : for when i just wanted something with few ingredients and comforting flavor. With just Three main ingredients, this was a winner for the night! I love this so much that i plan on making it more often.
here is a nice look at how it is made
and now for the gorgeous ingredients!
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 or more shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of whole grain rice, washed
- oil for frying & salt to taste
- after you cut everything up, heat some oil in the pot (at medium high), around 4-7tbs
- when the oil is warm, thrown the onion in and let it sit there on medium heat till it’s caramelized. If the onion start to turn too dark, pick out the dark pieces and put them in the bowl of raw rice. You don’t have to wait for the onions to All be brown, just a little bit of color is enough.
- turn the flame up to high, throw the garlic in there. As soon as you can smell it in the oil, throw the mushrooms in there and stir for 1-3min, making sure it’s not burning. then throw in the rice and let it saute for around 3 minutes.
- add enough water to where you see at least 2.5″ between the surface of the water and the stuff you are cooking. stir a bit, throw in a dash of salt (around 1/2 tsp), to help it cook, then leave it on medium high until it boils over. Once it boils, turn the heat down to medium low and let it cook for 20-30 min. checking and stirring occasionally to make sure that it’s not burning.
i wanted to eat some other stuff with this, so i piled stir fried cilantro and little grape tomatoes, and i drank a cup of yogurt with this. FYI i like to get the savory drinkable yogurt from the wholesome choice. i am not very tolerant to lactose, so i can’t drink milk; however, i can eat ice cream and consume items with a small amount of dairy. And if i Really want to dairy it out, i’l consume a bunch of cultured items to help digest the dairy products i stuff into my stomach.
now on to simple crafts
i altered a costume bra for a friend, and realized how difficult it was sewing through a bra pad and around the wire. i love making things with my hands and i am flattered that she asked me to help her adjust her costume! so it was a great learning experience!
i also sat down and sketched for a bit. it felt really good to finish this symbolic piece that i started the day of my first job interview! so i call this piece new beginnings. Really cheesy title, but that’s what it is about! I guess that phrase is overused for a good reason.
and when i drove around yesterday, i looked the sky, and saw infinity
because i am limitless potential